Why Should I become a Christian?
We are created to know and relate to God. Something is missing apart from that relationship. We are created to worship and glorify God. We can only do that through Jesus Christ. Also, God loves us and has a wonderful plan for our lives. Life can only be what it is supposed to be through a personal relationship with Christ. There are several benefits that we acquire by giving our lives to Christ:
- We are forgiven of all of our sins (wrong things we have done). Ephesians 1:7 says, “In Him [Christ] we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace.”
- We become a new person. 2 Corinthians 5:17 says, “Anyone who is in Christ is a new creation. Old things have passed away. Behold, all things have become new.”
- We are blessed with every spiritual blessing. Ephesians 1:3 says, “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus.”
- We enter into a relationship with God where He becomes our Father and we become His children. Galatians 4:6-7 says, “And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts crying out, Abba, Father.”
- We are given the gift of eternal life and guaranteed a home in heaven when we die. Romans 6:23 says that “the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.” In John 14:3, Jesus promised that He was going to prepare a place for us that where He is we might be also.
- We can have a full and meaningful life right now through Christ. Jesus said, “I have come that you might have life and have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10)