Celebrate Recovery is a Christ-centered program with foundations firmly established in Biblical truth. The 12 Steps with accompanying Scriptures and the 8 Principles based on the Beatitudes offer participants a clear path of salvation and discipleship; bringing hope, freedom, sobriety, healing, and the opportunity to give back one day at a time through our one and only true Higher Power, Jesus Christ. The 12 Steps and the 8 Principles work seamlessly together, tying historical recovery to timeless Biblical teaching.
We meet each Monday from 6-8pm.
6pm Large Group | 7pm Small Groups
Small Groups Offered for Men:
- A & D Addiction – Learning to place dependency on God, who is our source of hope.
- Life Hurts, God Heals – General principles of God’s healing are taught in this group.
THE ROAD TO RECOVERY BASED ON THE BEATITUDES
- Realize I’m not God; I admit that I am powerless to control my tendency to do the wrong thing and that my life is unmanageable. (Step 1) “Happy are those who know that they are spiritually poor.”
- Earnestly believe that God exists, that I matter to Him and that He has the power to help me recover. (Step 2)”Happy are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.”
- Consciously choose to commit all my life and will to Christ’s care and control. (Step 3)”Happy are the meek.”
- Openly examine and confess my faults to myself, to God, and to someone I trust. (Steps 4 & 5)”Happy are the pure in heart.”
- Voluntarily submit to any and all changes God wants to make in my life and humbly ask Him to remove my character defects. (Steps 6 and 7) “Happy are those whose greatest desire is to do what God requires”
- Evaluate all my relationships. Offer forgiveness to those who have hurt me and make amends for harm I’ve done to others when possible, except when to do so would harm them or others. (Steps 8 and 9) “Happy are the merciful.” “Happy are the peacemakers”
- Reserve a time with God for self-examination, Bible reading, and prayer in order to know God and His will for my life and to gain the power to follow His will. (Steps 10 and 11)
- Yield myself to God to be used to bring this Good News to others, both by my example and my words. (Step 12)
P.O. Box 908
Talbott, TN 37877