2. Worship is about Jesus, not externals: Worship is not a style or a ritual but a real encounter with Jesus Christ, who is worthy of our worship.
3. We reject moralism and embrace grace: We proclaim Jesus and His gospel of grace alone (the New Covenant) as the only means of salvation and spiritual growth and refuse to go back to religious legalism and moralism (the Old Covenant).
4. We are a place where it’s ok to not be ok but not ok to stay that way: We meet people where they are and welcome people to come as they are because we do not expect non-Christians to think and act like Christians, but we expect Christians to be in a process of transformation.
5. The church is the missionary: Lost people matter to God so the church is here to be the missionary to the community and the world.
6. We are kingdom-focused: We exist to build the Kingdom of God so we focus on the unity of the Body of Christ, bringing the gospel of Jesus into every sphere of life, and church planting.
7. We need each other: Relationships are vital to spiritual growth and a healthy life so it is our philosophy of ministry that we are a church of small groups.
8. Every member is a minister: Every member is a minister who is gifted by God to serve the Body of Christ, and pastors are to equip the Body for ministry instead of doing all the ministry. We are called to love each other and minister with excellence in the power of the Holy Spirit.
P.O. Box 908
Talbott, TN 37877