“To meet people where they are and help them become fully devoted followers of Christ.”
We believe that in order to achieve our mission, people need to be involved in four particular environments:
Jesus used this as picture for spending time alone with God, which is necessary for close fellowship with God and spiritual growth. We will encourage and equip the people of True Life to spend time with God in prayer, Bible study, and the practice of other spiritual disciplines.
Rows are a picture of corporate worship gatherings. Hebrews 10:25 tells believers to not forsake the assembling of themselves together. In regard to rows, we will seek to:
- Focus on lifting up Jesus and the gospel of grace. We will preach repentance both from rebellion and religious self-righteousness so that the lost can be converted and believers be built up in their faith.
- Be a place where people genuinely connect with God in dynamic corporate worship.
- Have high-quality children’s and youth ministries and be a place that helps people prepare for marriage, have godly marriages, and equips them to raise children who have a heart for Jesus.
- Pay off our debt as quickly as possible and expand our facilities in the future in order to be able to more effectively minister to more people.
Circles are a picture of small groups, and it is our philosophy of ministry that we are a church of small groups. Small groups are environments where people love each other and experience life together, grow spiritually through study and prayer, support and challenge one another, and reach out and minister together. The groups will multiply through evangelism, intentionally developing leaders, and birthing new groups.
This word pictures Jesus’ mission that He gave the church of making disciples of all the nations. We believe every church should be a “global” church, which means that it is attempting to reach its local community and ministering internationally at the same time. We will do this by:
- Equipping and encouraging the members of True Life to share Jesus with people during the course of their daily lives and through the outreaches of this church.
- Being a place where the hurting and struggling can find love, acceptance, guidance, forgiveness, hope and restoration.
- Sending groups out on mission trips every year and sending ministers out all over the world as God calls people out.
- By reaching out to students at Carson Newman College, particularly international students in the Global Education Department.
- Continuing to plant churches in areas of Honduras that have almost no evangelical churches, to continue to support the planting and development of Prince of Peace Baptist Church, to be a part of planting an English-speaking international church in our area, to plant other churches in our local area as God leads, and train and assist other church plants and church planters as the Lord opens doors.